Annual complete check-up.
• This includes a complete physical exam and medical history, as well as electrocardiogram and laboratory tests as indicated.
• It is designed to address any current medical problems and to work with each patient to prevent as many future problems as possible and to help patients have as long, fit and healthy life as possible.
CardioPrevention Program (CPP)
• Is a unique program created to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease. If a patient wants to add the CPP to the annual exam, it is important to request it in advance.
• As extensive as the CPP is, for the patient the only noticeable difference is a harmless and painless sonogram of the arteries in the neck. The additional labs and exam do not require anything extra of the patient.
• A limited number of CPP’s are scheduled weekly, so some might have to be deferred to a later date
Follow-up visits for ongoing care from previous visits, including acute and chronic conditions, discussing results, ongoing preventive care and others.
School forms (all levels)
‘Appointment request’ – JIB Medical’s term for appointments requested for any other reason, even on short notice (if an opening is available)
• Most non-contrast x-rays of any body parts.
• Ultrasound of most organs
• Bone density
• Mammography and breast sonograms.
• ECHO cardiograms
• Carotid sonograms, including Carotid IMT (CIMT), for the CPP.
• Total Body Composition Scans
Immunizations - Flu shots and most others.
Pediatric visits (check-ups, illness, immunizations, camp exams, school forms).
OSHA required evaluations.
Acupuncture (for pain relief only).
Dieticians for one-time or ongoing counselling on nutritional health and practices.
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) exams are now performed by an outside physician to whom we can refer you.
• The pulmonary function portion of the exam (if needed) is done at JIB.
• Appointments must be made in advance.
Requests to perform prescribed tests from a patient’s doctor:
• Laboratory work.
• Blood pressure checks.
• Radiology tests done in the department.
• Pulmonary function testing.
Optical department services (optometrists, glasses)
Specialty appointments (limited).
• Gynecology and obstetrics
* Cardioprevention Program (CPP)
A unique and comprehensive evidence-based program to detect atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) at the earliest stage and to advise you how you can prevent it from causing you problems. The program includes advanced testing and recommendations for treatment, helps patients prevent heart attacks, strokes and many other complications of atherosclerosis.
The CPP uses a special type of sonogram of the carotid arteries in the neck to detect changes from atherosclerosis earlier than any other clinical test. The sonogram is called a carotid intimal-medial thickness test (CIMT).
The exam also detects all the major risk factors that cause and worsen atherosclerosis.
Every CPP is individualized to your personal needs and findings.
When setting up your annual physical, simply ask to add the CPP to your annual exam (it can be done separately in special circumstances.
* Wellness Workshops
A series of fun, interactive and hands on learning sessions. The workshops introduce participants to making manageable modifications on making healthy lifestyle changes for enjoying a healthier way of life.
Our mission is to educate and coach participants on how they can incorporate healthier lifestyle adjustments into their busy lives.
The workshop group activities are aimed to help encourage and support each participant with tools to help increase understanding of how to eat healthy, the benefits of being physically active and to gain knowledge about the importance of eating a variety of different food groups.
Participants learn from the instructors, but also develop knowledge and skills from the hands on activities that are done in group activities and from each other's success stories and encouragement. The Wellness Workshop series are conducted in April and October. All participants in the PHBP are welcome.
If interested in attending a workshop, please call (718) 591-2000 Ext. 1408 for the workshop schedule.
* Lighten Up! Weight Management Program
* Strike Out Stress (SOS)
An amazing new stress reduction program at JIB Medical that introduces patients to healthier ways to help manage and cope with everyday stress.
The program utilizes Mindfulness, Meditation and Progressive Muscle Relaxation, all scientifically proven methods to help people recognize and learn to control stress. Two one-hour sessions are included.
It is a relaxing and gratifying technique that involves no medicine, no requires no special beliefs or religious views. It is proven to help reduce stress, alleviate anxiety and depression, and even help with pain and illness.
It’s simply learning ways to re-training your mind to stay present and calm in the moment, mindfulness and meditation changes the physical structure of your brain, creating long-lasting changes and positive, healthy habits. The process is simple yet very effective.
It is suitable for anyone dealing with stress complications or just wanting to learn how to cope with life’s daily stresses.
Simply call (718) 591-2014 to make an appointment.
* Smoking Cessation Program - Becoming a Non-smoker Again program
Maybe you are not ready to become a non-smoker again, but you’re considering smoking fewer cigarettes a day which will eventually lead to becoming a non-smoker before you realize it.
Think about a personal and meaningful reason to stop the habit for good. It may be for your children, your health or to reward yourself with that luxury vacation you’ve always wanted to take – make sure your reason is strong and meaningful. We’re here to help you.
The JIB Wellness program uses a variety of techniques and mindful approaches to help those who want to return to the freedom from smoking.
Assists you with guided tips on relaxation activities to help you destress and divert participants from lighting up.
We can help you reduce the amount of cigarettes you smoke day by day with guided support. Participants learn simple steps to limit their urges
If you’re interested in becoming a non-smoker please call (718) 591-2000 Ext. 1408 to get started.